Monday, June 7, 2010

New Mexico to Whitney Texas

Part of Lake Whitney.




The Lake Whiteney Bridge.


It looks like we're getting real close to our destination. It's probably a few more miles to our park.





A courthouse.

The 3 Amigos or the 3 Bandidos.











We are almost at Cisco, TX. I took some of this pictures because this is my son's nickname.



Some kind of a small airport along the way but I don't remember where it was. It was probably at Abilene.



Well, I guess we're at Abilene TX. A lot of you know that mirrow, screens, windows and other things are always getting in the way. Also, we're trying to take a picture and have a pretty good shot at it and when we click, we get a tree or an eighteen wheeler or other things. That really gets me.





As you can see Tommy's got his cleaning gear out. He put it there hoping that somebody will use it.




Taking a rest by a little lake or pond or something.








Lots of CRUDE in this part of TX.





This blur of a field was sunflowers. They were pretty yellow fields but sometimes when I'm taking the pictures while rolling, some things are just blurs while other things in the same picture are alright.







TEXAS Crude!!!!



I like old barns.





At the time we didn't even know what banks were. We never had a need for a bank cause we never had any money. Didn't even know what money was.



When we were younger and in school we used to always be migrant workers. Muleshoe was one of the small town that we went to work in the cotton fields and did other kinds of work. That was a long, long time ago. I really don't remember the town but I sure do remember where we lived cause we were surrounded by nothing but fields.









Many grain elevators on the Texas side also.


We are at the Texas State Line. It's been 3 months since we left Texas.


Everywhere we stop, Tommy has to clean the windshield and the coach.


We are at Clovis NM so we'll be looking for Walmart.




A whirlwind at a place where they had been working with the ground.



We stopped on the roadside just to check things out and everything was fine so we kept on going.


A Historical Marker.


Many grain elevators along the way also.




Some ranches along the way.


We are probably 25 miles from Clovis NM where we will spend the night at a Walmart.




It's been about 10 months since I posted any pictures on my blog. Since we're traveling again, I decided to post the pictures where I left off in August 2009 so I can post my pictures of our travels to the east. Of course my pictures will be a few months behind but maybe I'll catch up pretty quick if our internet reception and my computer can handle it. I've had a little trouble with my computer and at times its just so slow so I don't mess with it. I have took out a few gigabytes of pictures and stored them in flashdrives so it gave me some free space so I can keep on trucking. At the time of the pictures we are traveling from Tijeras, NM to Lake Whitney, Texas where we'll be having our September TT of Texas/FMCA Rally. We will be visiting with our rally group and having fun and eating more.

No comments:

Post a Comment