Saturday, July 25, 2009

Still At Fairbanks

As we came out of the park I noticed this old car out in the parking lot but it was going the opposite direction from us. I waited and it came around but it was still too far so I really don't know what it was. I just know that it was an old one and was pretty impressing.

We waited for the train to fill up but it had filled up the time before and for a while I thought Tommy and I were going to be the only ones on the train. As we waited we did get a few more passengers.

So we sat and leisurely ate our ice cream and waited for the train to make another round. Was it good Tommy?

After seeing all the airplanes we went and got tickets to go on a train ride around the park. They told us it would be a few minutes before the train would come back. We decided to go across the building to get us some ice cream. Because we're old timers and have all the time in the world, we didn't realize that a few minutes was a few minutes in real time and not in old timers time, so we missed our train.




Tommy just can't get enough of airplanes. They just fascinate him. Everytime we see an air museum, he'll be there.

I don't remember exactly what this was called but I think it was some kind of spiral wheel dozer or sled that was supposed to pull heavy stuff or something, anyway, it was useless cuz it was too heavy so it was abandoned.

This was a plane that was outside a small air museum.

This is a ship that was at the Pioneer Park.

This was the train car that President Warren G. Harding used on his trip to Alaska in 1923 to drive the Golden Spike for the Alaska Railroad. It was named "Denali" which is the indian name for Mt. McKinley "The Great One". I don't know why that blue bucket is there because one of our friends went there about 3 weeks before we did and his picture didn't show it. What I'm trying to say is that he had a better picture than I did.









These next few pictures are going to be different flowers in different flower beds so I'm not going to put in words to them, just enjoy.

We went to the Botanical Gardens of the University of Alaska-Fairbanks. I really enjoyed looking at the beautiful flower beds and thinking about my weed beds back home.

1 comment:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful. That's a great picture of you. And I like the planes too! :)

    ReplyDelete