Saturday, July 4, 2009

Zig Zagging from BC to The Yukon

I don't know where this baby came from, but I also don't know what to do about it, so I'll just include it with my pictures. Oh, I just remembered, we just left the park and are resting on the side of the road on our way to Skagway.

We didn't care that we were right in front of the propane tank. We siffened some into our coach when nobody was looking. NOT!!!

We are in the Yukon and found this place so we'll stay here for the night and head on to Skagway Alaska in the morning.

Here we go again. On to find a place to park for the night.


Coming back from our hike. From seeing the picture, you would think that Tommy and Carol took that hike and I didn't but somebody's got to take the picture.

Tommy and Carol always stay behind. They claim they're too old and can't keep up with us young and beautiful chicks. Just kidding.

Here's the river, or the stream or whatever it was. It was a beauty though.

We stopped and took a little hike down a trail to see a river and we saw this water fall going down stream into the river.


This is our car after we went through the mess at the broken washed out road.

I tried to delete this one cause I duplicated it but as you know I'm new at this so I only delete those that I don't want to delete. You'll just have to see me twice.

They've got an entry to the place along the Alaskan Hwy but the parking is at the back so we come to it from the back.


Here is a sign from my home town, Harlingen, TX.


This are signs at the famous Watson Lake Signpost forest on the Alaskan Hwy. This started with a U.S. soldier working on the construction of the Alaska Hwy in 1942. Ever since then travelers are still adding signs to the collection, which is over 50,000 signs. When we got there it was pretty overwhelming because there were so many and you just didn't know where to look . Any way, I saw alot of signs from the Texas area. Some of them are wooden, metal, paper, utinsels, anything that you can think of. A lot of them are street signs, so you know some of them are stolen. There are signs from all over the world.

On to the famous Watson Lake.

Notice the sign. It says free RV parking, so we jumped at the invite. I wish there were more of them. This is Jade City, a world famous jade capital. It is named for the jade deposits in the Princess Jade Mine, one of the largest jade deposits in the world. Unfornately I don't know any thing about jade and since I retired I hardly wear jewelry.

Another lake iced over.

Some more of the bears we saw. Baby bear even stood up for me but he didn't realize he was facing the wrong way. He just didn't know which way to turn.

Another little bridge that we had to go through.


When we came through here, the road had just been washed out so they were trying to decide how to fix it, I guess. It was a mess. I guess they had started digging it up, so there was mud, holes and big pieces of broken road. You should have seen our car and coach after we went through there, we had just washed them at Hyder. We were told that they had closed the road after we went through. I'm glad we made it through there when we did or we would've been held up a day or two.

This is one of the bridges that we went through on our way to Jade City.

No comments:

Post a Comment