Friday, July 3, 2009

Lake Louise, Alberta

This is the other side of our campsite. Isn't it just a great view?

We're all parked along side the river. Tommy just didn't want to go into the narrow roads to a campsite. We parked by the river and the others parked behind us so it actually worked out pretty good. We stayed there a couple of days.

Here we are, turning off into the campground.

We didn't hook up our car since we were only going a short way to the campground. I took this picture while I was driving behind the coach. It is not easy to take pictures and drive. I actually got an okay picture.
After we marveled at the lake we picked up our coach and headed on to find the campground where we were going to stay. I lost the picture that goes here and I'll have to learn how to get my pictures back when I lose them.
Some people were out there having a good time canoeing. It was an awesome sight on the beautiful lake.
This is a group picture of the people that we have been traveling with. The girls are just awesome. They do their homework. They know where they're going and what we're going to see. We didn't even have to plan anything. We just poked along. What a fabulous ride.

After we got to the little town, we unhooked our car and drove over to the lake, which was just spectacular.

Well, finally we are at the town of Lake Louise.

Scenery along side the road. As you can see I do most of my photographing while traveling in the coach so, therefore, some of my pictures have glare from the windshield. Sometimes they might have mirrors and sunvisors on them.

After stopping for the photoshoot at the Johnston Canyon, we're back on the road. Still trying to get to Lake Louise.
I think this is the waterfall that was on the other side of the opening. I am not very good with words and as you can see, I'm very simple.

We had to go through this cave or opening in the mountain to get to the other side where we viewed another awesome waterfall that would get us wet.

This is one of the waterfalls that we saw at Johnston Canyon.

We walked down the catwalk for about a mile at the Johnston Canyon. Beautiful sights with the river below, waterfalls and snow on the mountain top.

No comments:

Post a Comment